Does owning your own business seem distant to you? Know that with advances in technology and the expansion of the internet, this is becoming increasingly accessible. If you want to find out how to set up an online business, keep following this article!
Working on your own is an attractive option for many people, whether because of the possibility of creating their own schedules, having greater control over earnings, not having a boss or the desire to develop a project of interest.
The good news is that, with planning and determination, it is possible to achieve incredible results over the internet, without having to leave your home! To help you with that, we’ve brought you 6 fundamental strategies in the process of setting up an online business. Check out!
How to set up an online business?
Unfortunately, there is no magic answer to this question. However, there are strategies that can be applied to any business to obtain positive results. Are they:
1. Define what your area of expertise will be
Before starting the process of developing your online business, you need to define your market niche . One of the advantages of owning your own business is the ability to work with something you like. And doing what we like is much easier, motivating and enjoyable, isn’t it?
Remember that working for yourself doesn’t mean you will have to work less. On the contrary, the demand for work often increases. Therefore, choosing something that interests you is very important, not to beat that desire to give up on the way.
If you want to open an online store for products for the home, for example, you need to know what your niche will be. Knowing this, you will have taken the first step towards success.
2. Know your market
After defining the area of expertise, it’s time to start studying. Suppose you choose to create e-books about marketing. In addition to studying how to plan, develop, host and sell e-books, you also need to master their content, which in this case is marketing.
To open an online business it is essential to understand who your avatar is . After all, no matter how great you think your idea is, it will be impossible to be successful if there aren’t people interested in your product. So, before starting, do some research to find out if there is a market for the demand you want to offer.
There is no ready-made formula for finding information, but there are some ways to search without leaving your home, such as:
- Conduct primary data collection: You can talk directly to your target audience in interviews or online questionnaires (such as Google Forms), for example. You can still do an analysis of existing secondary data, such as those made available by IBGE.
- Use free tools: the internet is a great ally in your market research! There are tools, such as Google Trends and Facebook Insights, with which it is possible to know the interests of internet users on certain terms, such as “marketing ebook”.
- Watch the competition: You can search for other brands in your industry on social networks and online channels, or buy some of their products to analyze their strengths and weaknesses. This process helps you find loopholes where you can act, as well as serving as a lesson in developing your own product.
- Create an avatar: To make this process even more efficient, you need to define his ideal customer profile. The avatar helps you to establish a more assertive communication, with greater conversion possibilities.
3. Set your budget
One of the advantages of starting an online business is the low investment involved, however, that doesn’t mean you won’t need a well-defined budget.
In addition to investing your time, you will need to take care of some costs, which vary depending on the business you will open.
One of them is hosting your business. Creating your own website, for example, can demand a large investment. However, there are other ways to start your online business. With HeroSpark, you don’t need a million tools. In one place you host your product, create pages, receive payments, provide automatic access to students and automate emails.
With HeroSpark you can:
- Host your course, ebook or mentorship, with approval made on time;
- Create landing pages, sales and capture pages;
- Automate and trigger unlimited marketing emails;
- Launch your product faster with pre-made templates.
And it doesn’t matter if you’re still starting, okay? HeroSpark is for everyone!
4. Create marketing strategies
Devising marketing strategies is one of the most important steps in the process. After all, if no one knows your product, it will be impossible to sell it. Therefore, when creating your online business, strive to define the best strategies.
- Have social media profiles for your business and study strategies to have the greatest possible reach. Here on the blog we have a series of articles on digital marketing that can help you in this process;
- Forward marketing emails ;
- Invest in paid traffic.
5. Focus on design
Design is important for any business, but on the internet, it is even more prominent. This is because, when accessing a web page, users do not read everything that is written. They only superficially absorb the most important points of the page, such as the layout and the most prominent banners.
The truth is that the habit of online consumers is no different from those who buy from physical stores. They just walk into a store, look everywhere and choose to focus on what positively catches them the most attention.
So, knowing how to set up an online business is not enough, it is also important to pay attention to these details. Keep your layout simple and straightforward, as most of the time users get straight to the point. Focus on what you want them to see first. A simple colour change of a button can increase conversion.
6. Keep a close relationship with your customers
Philip Kotler, a great marketing consultant, said that keeping a customer costs 5 to 7 times less than acquiring a new one. An assertive marketing campaign must focus not only on attracting new customers but on loyalty.
Just like a physical company, a digital business must have a solid foundation to succeed. As much as there is a greater possibility of trial and error, it is necessary to be careful not to fall into traps. When reaching a customer, focus on keeping them, offering a good product and quality service.
But maintaining a close relationship with customers goes beyond selling. This is a factor that contributes a lot for you to know your audience, understand their pain and their needs so that you know which way to go in the development of the next products.
In addition, contact with customers is a great performance measurer, as your customer has the possibility to say if your product meets expectations or if it needs improvement.
7. Improve yourself
Did you understand how to set up an online business, was your first product launched and successful? Remember that, on the internet, everything happens very fast. Just as you can achieve good results quickly, you can be forgotten at the same speed.
So keep in mind that online businesses also require the owner (and staff) to constantly seek training. That’s because technologies are constantly being updated. And you don’t want your business to be left behind, right?
Always be on the lookout for new tools and platforms that can be useful for your online business and stay ahead of your competitors.